Thursday, April 22, 2010

The rest of the cards

Here are the other cards we made in class.
This card is a total CASE from SCS, can't find where I saved the artist info, sorry. It's a square card measuring 5 1/4 so it's a great size to work with. The colored squares in the middle are Kiwi Kiss, Pink Pirouette, Riding Hood Red and Baja Breeze. The brad is not SU! but it worked so well that I just cheated. shhhh don't tell anyone. The stamp set is Pocket Silhouettes.
This card is also unique as I cut 1/2 of the front panel off. I love using the daisies made with the big shot and I saw this style of card on one of my blog surfs. I used Soft Suede and Kraft cs for the base and WW for the daisy. French Script and Baroque Motif sets. The brad is Pumpkin Pie corduroy (love those corduroy buttons/brads).
I'm sad to see Taken with Teal retire so I had to use it. I used my craft pad to ink up the Medallion stamp and then used Iridescent Ice embossing powder. The sparkle is beautiful.
This last card I used the ornament punch for a vase. The green cs and ink is Handsome Hunter and I stamped/embossed with white the leaves on the vase. It's super simple but love the way it turned out. I also used a texturz plate for the background.


I've decided to start a Book of Me. I like the idea of doing pages about myself (and Dwight) as kind of a story for my kids to read, to know who I am.
When Dwight's dad first went to the nursing home I made him an album from pictures throughout his life. Dwight would look at those pictures and say, "I never knew my dad did that" or "I had no idea dad was into that" and it just hit me there were so many things Dwight did not know about his own father. Mainly because his dad was rarely around and if he was he didn't talk much.
I plan to make a layout once a week or every two weeks, we'll have to see how motivated I stay. lol. It would be great if you could play along with me. I'm aiming for 12 challenges/topics to start with and if I want to keep going I will. I would love to see any layouts you do for my challenges. There really are no rules, I'll post a topic and you complete a layout. Any kind of album, any size. This is a great time to do something different. For me, I'm going with an 8x8 album, I really like that size.
The first challenge is to create your title page. And here is mine.

I inked the flowers with Lavendar Lace, Chocolate Chip and Always Artichoke, masked it and inked/stamped again onto textured WW cs. I found a package of vinyl thickers I had kicking around for forever, can't remember how I wound up with purple letters, but whatever, they ended up matching Lavendar Lace. Did some sewing and added a little chocolate taffeta ribbon. Simple, easy and a great title page.
I hope you can join me in this challenge.
Until next time...








4 comments:

carol said...

Great idea! I'm game, I have a 12x12 BOM started and I'd love some more challenges to help fill it.

Leigh Penner said...

Love the cards, Anne! The third one, with the large stamp is my favourite!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous cards Anne... Are you having another card class soon or did I miss it already??

Irina

Alberto said...

Very cute cards :)
Congratulations