Thursday, May 20, 2010

Playing with my copics

I jumped onto the copic bandwagon! Crazy I know, but I love coloring. I need to practise a little more but I'm getting the hang of it.
This first card I color with R27, R29, R59 and the colorless blender. I stamped the flower from Fifth Avenue Floral onto Neenah cardstock 3 times, colored and cut them out. I used my bigshot to cut out the leaves. The flowers and leaves are mounted on Early Espresso cardstock, YUMMO!!!
This next card I used the rose image. I used B91, B93, B97, B99 and the colorless blendar. I ran the white layer through the big shot with the elegant bouquet impressions folder.
What do you think? Not too bad. I really need a few more markers though...
Until next time, keep inky!

Saturday, May 8, 2010

scallop circle punch flower tutorial

Okay, so I've finally got the tutorial here. Sorry it's taken so long. On the weekend when I started uploading all the pics Dwight took me furniture 'looking' but before we knew it, we bought a new couch and loveseat for the basement and I was giving the rec room a coat of paint. So again, sorry.
These flowers have been travelling around in the blog world and thought I'd share too. Don't know who the original creator is, sorry.
I really like this flower but they are bulky so probably wouldn't use them on a layout. I'm working on some cards to use these flowers I've been making.
First, punch out 3 scallop circles from your cardstock.
Send these 3 flowers through your crimper 6 or 7 times, this breaks up the fibers in the cardstock making them soft.
They'll look like this.
Then, crunch them up several times to soften even more.
You'll notice on the edges that the cardstock is separating, that's a good thing. Peel the cardstock apart so you now have 2 circles.
Do this to all 3 circles, making 6 circles.
You can see how the inside of the cardstock is fuzzy, this is now the right side. (or the top)
Layer all 6 circles, fuzzy side up, and poke a hole in the middle for your brad. You can use any kind of brad, it won't really be seen once the flower is done. Great way to use up those brads you bought and now wonder why you did.
Once the brad is in, start with the top layer and scrunch it up. Working through one layer at a time.
You'll then have a flower that looks like this.
You could ink the edges before assembling to create added dimension. I want to try this with pattern paper but don't know if you can separate pp, guess I'll find out.

***The new summer mini catalog is here. Check out my sidebar!

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Next book of me challenge

For this challenge I want to scrap a photo of my parents. This picture is from 1966 I think. I want to write the story of how they met, how long they dated and so on, on the backside.
The dollie background paper is not SU!. I distressed it with Soft Suede ink to look a little more vintage. (not so good with vintage layouts but thought this one wasn't too bad). I took some SU! pp that was white with black writing on it and I distressed it and inked with soft suede. The flowers were made with the floral fusion die and I made the leaves with cardstock. (Oh, I've got a tutorial to post yet on how to make some flowers and leaves with the crimper, I'll do that tomorrow.) The swirl was stamped then retraced with the gluepen and added glitter. I have a sheet of soft suede cardstock baking it all and on there I'll journal their story.
Thanks for looking. And let me know if you doing these Book of me challenges.