Friday, December 19, 2008

The time

So Carol mentioned that it would be nice to wrap presents like in my last post but she didn't have the time. Well, if you don't sleep, there is a lot of time for beautifully wrapped gifts. It just depends how crazy you are. LOL
For example, last night was my son's Christmas program, which was great, and we got home just after eight pm. After the boys were in bed I realized tomorrow (today) was Friday, last day of school, the day I promised to send 26 Santa treat boxes to school and a teachers present. I had started the boxes a couple weeks ago and had exactly 10 Santa faces made. So there I was, at 1am, taking pics of my finished product. Because if I'm staying up that late to make 26 5year olds a treat box, I need to share. (oh, Colby did make 3 Santa faces for me, so I can't take credit for it all)
But aren't they cute?? Every piece is made with a punch except the hat. CS colors are pretty straight forward, Blush Blossom, Real Red Whisper White and Basic Black. Great way to use up scraps (and any extra time you thought you had). The boxes were made from a sheet of cs that measured 5.5 x 5.5. Super easy. I thought the black would look good against the white and red but I should have done a blue or something. Oh well, like the 5 year olds care. lol
Here is how I wrapped the teachers gift. I bought a roll of kraft paper from the Buck or Two. (love that stuff) Then made a tag with Real Red cs usine the big shot and a new jumbo pewter eyelet. Used my new crop-a-dile to set it. (love that thing!) I stamped the snowflake in Whisper White and added II embossing powder for a little dazzle. Hope she liked it.

2 comments:

carol said...

LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! this!!!! If it was me, by 1 am,. some of the kids would be getting a festive snowball on their treat boxes LOL!

Leigh Penner said...

Love these!!
Super adorable!!
Good for you to forsake sleep to get them done! ;)