Friday, August 7, 2009

1st Birthday

My neighbours son turns 1 year old today. I new the design of the card but not what colors I wanted to use. So I made two! Which do you like better? Dwight likes the darker one better but thinking it's going to a 1 year old he thought the lighter one would be better. I don't know, maybe he will get both. lol
This one is made with Baja Breeze cardstock base and pp from the Parisian Breeze pp. (still mourning that they're retired) I don't very often sew on cards but love the look of it and since my sewing machine was still on my table I decided to go for it. I used the scallop square punch to punch the pieces. The WW square with the rabbit (from Forest Friends) is on dimensionals .
This card uses Not Quite Navy cs base and pp from Maine Blueberry. The 'for you' is from the Fresh Cuts stamp set.
Guess I'll have to make up my mind very soon so we can run his gift over to him. Maybe at 1 year old he won't really care which card he gets. ;)
Earlier this week I had a few good hours alone in my studio and have a few creations to share that I'll be selling at the Pumpkin Fair. So stay tuned, just need to upload the photo's, crop, resize, watermark and then post!

3 comments:

Liz Goldhawk said...

I like both! Love the stitching, and the scallop square blocks... I think my favourite is the bunny one, but I think you're right... he won't even notice @ 1

Anonymous said...

I love the dark blue one!

Nettie

Unknown said...

Stunning!!!
I like both ...
--
Michell
Are you scared to be alone at home need security