Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Altered canvas

Actually 3 canvas's.
Earlier this fall I took pictures of my Mother in law's flowers that she has growing in her gardens. I was just playing around with my camera but the shots turned out great. So when I showed her the pictures on my computer she wanted me to print her a copy of each. Of course I got to thinking and came up with the idea to put these flowers onto a canvas and she can hang them in her deck. She has a beautiful screened in deck and I think these will go perfect in there. I'm hoping she'll think the same thing.
They are all 12 x 12 inches so the pics are all cut to 3 x 3. I added a little chipboard and pewter accents, oh and some rub on words I had kicking around. Instead of adding squares of pattern paper, I took pictures of her statues and foliage and added them in to break up the flowers a little. After I was done I put 3 coats of mod podge over it to make dusting easier.
I made it so they could be displayed 3 in a row like this or separate.
hmmmmm, I wonder if she reads my blog???

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh Anne, what a beautiful, thoughtful, gift! I'm sure she will love it! Is it for Christmas?

Anonymous said...

Once again, very nicely done, my friend! I gotta get my hands on some of those canvases. Next time I"m in wally world.....thanks for the inspiration again.

Carol

Eva said...

These are beautiful, Anne!! What a great gift!