Sunday, December 13, 2009

Some more Christmas cards

And I'm still working on more.

This one is an interesting color combo, Almost Amethyst and Lovely Lilac. I used an embossing folder (nonSU) for the swirls and then traced them with the 2 way glue pen and added the diamonds. Soooo cool. Kinda like swirling snow. The snowman is from the Holiday Tag Team set. Still one of my fav's.




This card is also an interesting color choice for Christmas, Kiwi Kiss. I stamped the big Medallion stamp with Kiwi Kiss ink and then stamped again on a smaller piece of WW and punched out the middle with the scallop circle. Covered the scallop circle with glue and added diamonds and a clear brad.
I love love love snowmen, and Flaky Friends is my most favorite set. I wanted a simple card so decided to just use a few colors to color in the snowmen's accessories. I made a mask and sponged a faint oval around the snowmen. The snow under the men has diamonds on it too. Once the card was assembled I sprayed with the frost shimmer paint mixed with alcohol over the entire card.
Another favorite of mine, (really there are sets I don't like ;) ) is this house from To You and Yours. I stamped it in Chocolate Chip and then masked the house and the land beside it. Then sponged the exposed WW with Baja Breeze ink. All the swirls on, under, and over the house have diamonds on them. Yep, was feeling like a glittery gal while making these cards. The first layer of Baja Breeze was stamped with the Paisley background in Baja Breeze ink. Love how this card turned out. It's a square 4.25" size card.

3 comments:

Liz Goldhawk said...

These are all beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing them...

carol said...

Very cute! I need to see these in June so I can start copying them then!

Leigh Penner said...

Beautiful cards, Anne!
That second one is my favourite!