Tuesday, May 22, 2007

What else can ya do on a rainy day??

So here is what I did today. (Okay, so I cleaned a little too.)
This is a pic of my niece Ashley. I love doing 'girl' pages, such a change from all my boy stuff. Plus I get to use up some of my pink stuff! So anyway, this took most of my son's afternoon nap time. But I absolutely love the way it turned out. I used a retired set and can't think of the name of it but my sister has been begging for it ever since I got it. lol Anyway, stamped the flowers with versamark and used the bold brights assortment embossing powders on them. then cut them out. 'Ashley' was stamped with the Big Deal alphabet and cut out of Green Galore cs. I scalloped the Pink Passion cs with the corner rounder, just love doing that. I stamped the swirl from Sweet Shapes with Tempting Turquoise on TT cs and glued the flowers and letters over top. I also put microbeads in the center of each flower. This is some of the pp from the Notations line. (the brown is not SU!). The flowers are from a scrappin' kit (it was the sell-a-bration free one).
My best friend Cathie and her family! Used the Print Pattern bkgd stamp and brushstroke alpha with Always Artichoke ink on Kraft cs. The corner mount and flower are from the 'friend' scrappin' kit (hostess set choice level 1).
I just love rainy days for scrappin', just wish the boys would nap longer. lol. Hopefully I'll get a few more done tomorrow or Thursday and I can upload a few more.

I'm thinking of giving away a little blog candy but I'll have to think of a question for you all to answer first. So stay tuned....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Trying to leave a comment. Love your layouts and gonna CASE the Ashley page for sure.